- Student-initiated project that will raise funds for 100 3D printer kits, then offer Build-Your-Own-3DPrinter workshops to the local community, and give the printers (for free) to workshop participants.
- Empowering students to depart the scripts they’ve been handed and go off script, so that they can begin living/writing their own stories. (Mark Divine: Colgate Alum, Motivational Speaker, former Navy Seal: talk really starts around 12:15, relevant payoff by 19:10)
- Turning excellent sheep into engaged and passionate lifelong learners.
- Encouraging principle-based over procedure-based education, and the development of character traits over hard skills.
- We are doing the above through our self-managing flat organization: putting open-source principles, voluntary collaboration, and distributed leadership into action.
A long description of the Build-Your-Own-3DPrinter Project, the philosophy underpinning it, project goals, and purpose.